- For most people gambling is an exciting and fun recreational pursuit. However, for some individuals, gambling may result in addiction which may lead to devastating consequences for them, their families and their friends. At Elitebet, we understand the dangers of gambling beyond your means and wish to protect our members. We want you to stay in control of your gambling and not allow gambling to control you.
- Elitebet works with NSW Gambling Help which offers assistance to anyone who is affected by compulsive gambling, whether their own or that of a loved one. NSW Gambling Help offers a range of free support and counselling services in a variety of languages. You can contact NSW Gambling Help at any time for free and confidential advice and support by:
- Calling 1800 858 858; or
- Visiting their website www.gamblinghelp.nsw.gov.au.
- Do You Have a Problem With Gambling?
- Recognising that you may be developing a gambling problem is the first step to regaining control.
- To assist in maintaining control of your gambling habits we would like you to please remember the following:
- Gambling should be entertaining and not be seen as a means of making money.
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
- Avoid chasing losses.
- Keep track of the amount of time and funds you are dedicating to gambling.
- It can be useful to track your gambling habits in order to find out if you need help. If you are experiencing difficulty controlling your gambling habits, you should visit the NSW Gambling Help website and spend a few short minutes completing the anonymous self-assessment questionnaire in order to determine your gambling risk level. Should you be deemed a problem gambler we encourage you to seek advice. Living with a gambling problem can be tough, but you are not alone. Confidential help and counselling is only a telephone call away at NSW Gambling Help where you can engage with counsellors who understand that you need a safe anonymous place to seek information about problem gambling.
- Staying in Control
- We offer several facilities to help you stay in control of your gambling.
Monitor your betting transactions
You can readily access a full history of transactions, withdrawals and deposits through the "My Account" icon on our website or alternatively contact your friendly Elitebet support staff on (02) 9571 0050 or at [email protected].
Setting Deposit Limits in advance can be a positive way to help you control your spending. Deposit Limits allow you to set the maximum amount you want to be permitted to deposit into your Elitebet account within a specified period.
As part of our responsibility towards responsible gambling, Elitebet offers a flexible Deposit Limit facility for its members. You will be able to set a daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly Deposit Limit. You will be able to reduce a previously established Deposit Limit immediately at any time via our website. If, however, you wish to increase your Deposit Limit (i.e. allow yourself to deposit a greater amount into your Elitebet betting account), you will be prevented from doing so for at least the duration of your Deposit Limit period. This waiting period gives you further time to carefully consider your decision to change your Deposit Limit, and gives you the chance to revoke your Deposit Limit change request.
Please contact our friendly Customer Service team if you need any help setting or amending your Deposit Limit or require any further information whatsoever in connection with the Deposit Limit facility.
Temporary or Permanent Self-Exclusion
If you want to take a break from gambling, or quit gambling altogether, you are able to voluntarily exclude or bar yourself from Elitebet's online betting services. You can elect to exclude yourself permanently or, if you just want to take a break, you can deactivate your account for a shorter period of time.
Our staff can help should you elect to temporarily or permanently suspend your Elitebet betting account, or you can access the self-exclusion facility yourself through the "My Account" section of our website.
NSW Gambling Help can also assisting you in self-excluding from betting services including circulating your self-exclusion request among many betting operators.
Please note that:
- The Customer accounts of temporarily or permanently self-excluded Customers will not be re-activated during the period of the self-exclusion under any circumstances.
- Customers may request the closure of their accounts without temporarily or permanently self-excluding. In such circumstances, the Customer account may be re-opened at a later date at the written request of the Customer.
- Any self-exclusion from Elitebet's betting services applies only in respect of betting with Elitebet and not your ability to transact with other betting providers. We strongly encourage persons have self-excluded with Elitebet (or any other betting provider) to proactively seek to exclude themselves from betting with any and all other betting providers.
If you feel you need more help to stop or control your gambling, there is software available which can prevent you from accessing online betting sites. Such software includes: BETFILTER or OPTENETPC.
- Preventing Children from Gambling
- Elitebet only accepts members who are at least 18 years of age. We seek personal documents to verify information given to us and dedicate resources to ensure minors do not wager on our website. We expect parents and guardians not to allow minors to use our services under any circumstances.
If you suspect someone underage is using the Elitebet website, please contact us and appropriate action will be taken. Internet filters such as Net Nanny or CyberPATROL can reduce the chance of underage gambling.
- Codes of Practice
- Certain States and regulatory bodies have established codes of practice to apply to consumers within their jurisdiction engaged in gambling, and/or to gambling providers licensed in their respective jurisdictions.
South Australian Independent Gambling Authority
The following Codes of Practice published by the South Australian Independent Gambling Authority have been adopted by Elitebet in relation to its South Australian members:
- Advertising Code of Practice
- Responsible Gambling Code of Practice
- Requirements for Systems and Procedures designed to prevent children betting
Australian Bookmaker's Association
Elitebet also supports and complies with the Australian Bookmakers Association Code of Practice which comprises of the following:
- To develop and promote guidelines and programmes for the responsible delivery of wagering product, and the advertising and marketing of the Bookmaking industry.
- To enhance the development of the Bookmaking industry throughout all member bodies.
- To responsibly provide services that will enable wagering to be a socially rewarding leisure and entertainment activity.
- To assist those patrons who experience wagering related difficulties with information on, and direction to, appropriate support services.
- To enhance the public perception of the Bookmaking industry.
- To comply with Government policy relevant to the Bookmakers.
- Australian Bookmakers' Association to continue to be the body to integrate and require State Associations to develop generic initiatives for the provision of responsible gambling nationally.
Code of Practice
The Code of Practice is a voluntary code of self-regulation and is to be read in conjunction with the relevant legislation, regulation and rules of the racing codes and sports betting authorities in each State and Territory.
The handling of any complaints related to the Code is not intended to replace any policies or procedures that may exist as part of the above legislation, regulation and rules.
All Bookmakers will abide by the rules and regulations of the Government and the controlling bodies in the jurisdiction in which they propose to do business. All Bookmakers must be issued with a bona fide licence from the controlling body in their jurisdiction and operate under the authority and within the scope of that licence. The respective Bookmaker Associations in each jurisdiction shall ensure the financial and character bona fides for all Bookmakers for whom they provide fidelity guarantees or, where applicable, ensure that obligations to Government Authorities are met.
Seal of Approval
ABA, through it's Bookmaker Associations, will institute a "Seal of Approval" as approved by the Minister which will allow Bookmakers to acknowledge and display, in a visible manner, their support for fair, honest and responsible wagering. The Seal is to be a logo that can be recognised by clients, whether they are face to face punters or operating via the Internet.